The Japanese Comprehensive Course
- Kobe School
- Shinjuku School
For those coming to Japan to study
For those applying for student visas
Requirements for a college student visa
① The completion (or expected completion) of 12 years of education
② The completion of a secondary education curriculum
③ The acknowledgement by this institute that the applicant has the equivalent of both ① and ② above.
④ The applicant is 18 years of age or over.
Application Periods※We will no longer accept applications when the number of applicants reaches 100, so please apply early.
Start of semester／Application Periods
Apr.／1st Jul. - 20th Nov.
Oct.／15th Jan. - 31st May
|A year||1.5 years||2 years|
|Screening fee||21,000 yen|
|Enrollment fee||52,000 yen|
|Tuition fee||670,000 yen||1,005,000 yen||1,340,000 yen|
|Miscellaneous expenses||Original school materials||10,000 yen||15,000 yen||20,000 yen|
|Accident insurance fee||6,000 yen / a year
(Students who stay in Japan for more than one year must pay this fee again.)
|Total||759,000 yen||1,099,000 yen||1,439,000 yen|
Original school materials
This fee covers the original material produced by ECC used throughout the class. Additional textbooks must also be purchased by the student, based upon their class level. This price may change based on consumption tax revisions.
Accident insurance fee
All ECC students are required to enroll in the Disaster Compensation Plan for Students of Japanese Language Schools. This insurance plan covers accidents that occur at school and while commuting to school. This fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Refund of admission fee and tuition fee.
- Once paid, the enrollment fee, the screening fee and the accident insurance fee are absolutely non-refundable.
- The tuition and the cost of the original school materials may be refunded, if the student is unable to enroll at the school after they have already paid their expenses, and submits a letter of cancellation of enrollmentbefore the enrollment ceremony. ※The student must return the Certificate of Eligibility to our school.
- The tuition fee and the cost of the original school material may be refunded, if the student’s visa application is refused. ※The student must submit a photocopy of their passport so that our school can confirm this fact.
- As the minimum study period is six months, even if a student wishes to leave school within the first six months after commencing studies, the tuition fee will not be refunded. This applies even in the case where a student changes to a different visa within this six months.
- After enrollment, tuition and the cost of original school material can be refunded under the following conditions.
1. The student has studied for at least half a year and has passed the entrance exam and completed the enrollment procedures for a university.
2. The student has studied for at least six months and submitted a letter of withdrawal which the school has accepted. In addition to the above cases, the tuition fee and the cost of the original school materials may be refunded for a semester in which a student will not study.
- Current students should follow the school’s instruction regarding payments for future semesters. The minimum tuition fee payable is half a year’s tuition. Installment plans are not available.
Advice for students with college student visas
- ・Students who have received permission to work from the immigration bureau may work up to 28 hours/week. Students may not engage in employment at establishment of an adult-orientated nature e.g. bars, clubs or pachinko parlors. School policies state that students wishing to work must have been studying for at least 3 months, and maintain good test scores and an attendance rate of 85% or above.
- ・Students must join the National Health Insurance System. The fee for this shall be paid by the students.
- ・Students should not be absent, arrive late, or leave class early without suitable reasons.
Please request the brochure if you wish to apply for ECC. Should you have any questions, please contact us.
After examining the application requirements, please contact ECC if you decide to apply.
Applicant pays the screening fees
We will ask you to pay the screening fee of 20,000 yen so please transfer the fee to the designated bank account.
Entrance examination and interview
Entrance examination and interview will be conducted in your country. Entrance examination and interview may be conducted via Skype™ depending on the country.
Please prepare the application documents.
After reviewing the contents of 4and 5, you will pass the school examination if there are no problems.
Certificate of Eligibility
ECC will apply for the [Certificate of Eligibility] at the Immigration Bureau on behalf of the applicant. The Immigration Bureau checks the applicant’s history of entry and departure and examines the applications. If the application has no problems, the [Certificate of Eligibility] will be issued.
Payment of Fees
ECC will contact the applicant to whom the [Certificate of Eligibility] was issued. Please transfer the tuition fee to the account designated by the school.
Applicant Admission Form
Once the payment is confirmed, we will send the [Applicant Admission Form] and the [Certificate of Eligibility] to the applicant.
Please enter Japan by the day designated by the school.
Applicants must apply for college student visas with all the necessary documents including the [Admission Permit] and [Certificate of Eligibility] at the Japanese Overseas Diplomatic Office in their local area. Please enter Japan by the day designated by the school.
※Applicants who live overseas may also apply to our school through agencies in their own countries. Please contact our school for further information about application agencies.
※Skype™ is a trademark of Skype. The ECC Japanese Languages Institute is not an affiliated company of the Skype group companies and we do not receive any sponsorship or endorsement from them.
Please make inquiries/contact below.
Inquiries/Contact by Phone
（Operating Hours Weekday09:30～17:30）
ECC Japanese Language InstituteKobe School／5-5-6 Kotono-Cho Chuo-Ku Kobe, 651-0094
（Operating Hours Weekday09:30～17:30）
ECC Japanese Language InstituteShinjuku School／ECC Tokyo Headquartears Bldg.1F 7-6-4 Nishi-Shinjuku Shinjuku-Ku, 160-0023